Saturday, August 17, 2013

Fishy 1st Birthday Food

I thought today I would do a post on all the yummy treats I made for my son's 1st Birthday which was a goldfish themed party.  This will be a pic/recipe overload, but it was so darn cute I had to share.  Recipes are below.

Menu:
Submarine Sandwiches




Shrimp and Sausage Kebobs with corn relish

Crab Dip

 Gulf of Mexico Dip

Fish and Chips

Seafoam Crunch



Chicken of the Sea
A Tray of Chicken Nuggets



Submarine Sandwiches -  I just bought bakery made hoagie rolls and sliced in half lengthwise.  I spread honey mustard on both sides, cheddar cheese, preshredded lettuce and ham or turkey.

Shark Bait - pinterest inspired carving filled with melon balls, strawberries, blueberries, grapes and pineapple.  More pictures here

Shrimp and Sausage Kebobs - 1 1/2 lbs. of shrimp, peeled deveined.  Skewer with your favorite smoked sausage.  Grill until shrimp and sausage are done.  For the Corn Relish, I cooked 2 ears of corn and scraped them off the cob.  I diced some red bell pepper and purple onion and mixed together.  I made a light dressing with vinegar and olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper.  This was my take on a deconstructed shrimp boil!

Crab Dip - Crab Meat, Cream Cheese, sliced green onions,  Cheddar Cheese and Old Bay seasoning.  Serve with crackers

Gulf of Mexico Dip - This is your standard 7 layer mexican dip, but since we had a fish theme and the Gulf is our closest ocean...well we renamed it. Layer in this order:  1 can of refried beans, 1 package of wholly guacamole (my fav for time saving measures), 8-oz. sour cream, 2 c. shredded cheddar, 1 diced tomato, 1 bunch of green onions, sliced and 1 can of sliced black olives, drained.

Fish and Chips - Wavy Lay's and Goldfish mixed together.

Seafoam Crunch - 1 bag of Butter flavored Puff Corn (found in the chip aisle).  1 bag of white chocolate chips.  Sprinkles to match your theme.  Melt the white chocolate and pour over the puff corn, stirring gently to cover.  We used blue sprinkles for our party.


No comments: