Friday, August 2, 2013

Fresh Peach Dessert

Ripe Southern Peaches are absolutely my most favorite fruit.  We've probably eaten close to 100 this season.  They have been fabulous this year.  While most of the time we eat them just sliced up as a side dish, I had a recipe for a yummy dessert that I wanted to try.  We were not disappointed.

Fresh Peach Dessert.

Crust:
1 stick of butter, softened
1 1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. chopped pecans

Combine all with a pastry tool until coarse crumbs are made.  Pat into 9x13 baking dish and bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.  Let cool.

Creamy layer:
1 8-oz. package of cream cheese, softened
1 3/4 c. powdered sugar
1 8-oz. container of Cool Whip

Place cream cheese in mixing bowl.  Beat with mixer until smooth.  Add in powdered sugar.  Continue beating until combined. Fold in Cool Whip.  Spead over cooled crust.

Top with 8 (or more) Ripe Peaches, cut up.  Serve immediately.

***Note***Since I knew we would not eat all of this at once, I did not cut up all the peaches at once.  I just added them each time we were eating it since I knew we would be eating this over 3-4 days.

No comments: