Thursday, August 8, 2013

Easy Crockpot Chicken

I wanted to share how I prepare chicken for casseroles, tacos, main dishes, salads etc.  This is extremely easy and makes the best chicken.  It will work with both boneless and bone-in chicken breasts.
You take your chicken, I have done up to 8 boneless at a time, and place it in the crock pot.  Cover with water and if you have celery, onions, or seasonings like taco if you want to add feel free, but plain water works just fine.   I cook mine on high for 4 hours.  Once it is done, you remove the breasts and it easily shreds and is perfect for just about anything. I have added some BBQ sauce and had a main dish.  Your options are endless.  If you cook lots at once, portion it out and place in freezer bags and then your chicken is ready for quick,  upcoming meals.  If I use bone - in  chicken breasts, I strain the leftover liquid and have great chicken broth for soups, casseroles, whatever.  It can also be frozen.

No comments: