Wednesday, January 13, 2010

White Chili

It seems like I've posted lots of soups lately, but they are so good for all this cold weather we are having. I made this a few weeks ago and then again for tonight's Crock Pot Potluck at church.

Here is how I make mine, a conglomeration of a couple variations of the recipes I have seen.

1 package of chicken breasts, cooked and diced up.

1 onion, diced and sauteed in 3T. of butter for about 8 minutes with 1 1/2 t. minced garlic thrown in at the end.

Add in 4 cans of chicken broth, 3 cans of great northern beans (drained), 1 small can of diced green chiles (drained), 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes (drained) {I used Muir Glenn in the organic section} and 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely diced. I season with 1 tsp. of salt and 3/4tsp of oregano and some black pepper.

You can either make this in big pot on the stove - if I do it that way, I just start the onions in the pot I will use. You can also just put it all in the crock pot and heat on low for an hour or two before serving. if serving it for a group.

No comments: