Saturday, January 3, 2015

Blackened Tilapia

We have been trying to eat healthy since the new year started.  We always try to eat healthy, but with the holidays it is always hard.  To be honest, I was dreading my dinner of healthy fish after all the yummy dinners and food we had been having.  I was wrong!!!  It was absolutely delicious.  I mean 2 ingredients tasted better than most things I have had all winter.   So no excuses, get back on track with this meal!  I highly suggest using a cast iron skillet to do this.  We have a well seasoned one and it works great, no sticking, easy clean up  and no need to add fat to cook.  If you don't have one, add a little oil to keep it from sticking.



Blackened Tilapia

Creole Seasoning (check the salt content, some are way saltier)
Tilapia Filets


Cover your fish according to your taste.  Heat cast iron skillet over medium high heat.  Once pan is hot, add fish.  Cook about 3 minutes then flip,  Cook another 3 minutes.  Remove from pan and garnish with fresh lemon. 



Also, served with Cole Slaw and Sweet Potato Fries

No comments: