Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Tangy Mustard Cauliflower

This reminds me so much of bring a child. My mom made this all the time and I loved it.  It's great because it can be made in the microwave.  I rarely use my microwave for actual cooking so it's nice to be able to throw a side dish in there every now and then.



1 head of cauliflower
1/2 c. water
1 t. lemon pepper
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1 T. yellow mustard
1 T. minced onion or 1 t.onion powder
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Clean cauliflower.  You can leave it whole or break down into florets. I break mine down.  Place in a microwave safe dish with lid and add 1/2 c. of water. Sprinkle with lemon pepper.  



Cover and microwave for 8 minutes. Should be tender but not mush.

Meanwhile in a small bowl, mix together mayo, mustard and onions.  Set aside

Once cauliflower is done, drain off the water.  Spread the mayo mix over the cauliflower.  Top with cheese.




Return to microwave for another 1 1/2 minutes.  Serve immediately.



No comments: