Thursday, April 3, 2008

Roasted Corn Salad

I made this last summer and will make it again now that we are grilling more. Also, speaking of grilling - This summer Alan, Dad and Jeff will be participating in several BBQ competitions around the state. You can keep up with their adventures here.

I will also get to participate in some as there is a dessert category for several competitions. I have come up with several ideas, but since my oven is broken - I have yet to try any of these.

Anyways here is the recipe.

Dressing:
1/2 c. olive oil
1/3 c. lemon juice
1 T. red wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves
1/2 t. salt

Mix all and set aside.

Combine 1 T. vegetable oil with 16oz. of frozen corn. Broil about 10 minutes.

While broiling, chop, seed and peel 1 cucumber, 2 Roma tomatoes, and 2 avocados.
Combine vegetables and toss with dressing.

No comments: