Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff

Why oh Why don't I use the crock pot more????? Just dump everything in and turn it on. I mean seriously, I need to use it all the time!!! This is the only thing I've ever tried in the crock pot besides a roast. I'll be looking for some more recipes for it!!!

Beef Stroganoff

2lbs of Beef Tips ( I used stew meat, not sure if it's the same cut of meat, but worked well)
1 large onion, chopped
1 can cream of onion soup (Yes, Campbell's makes this - never heard of it before)
1 can golden mushroom soup
1 8oz jar of sliced mushrooms
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 3oz. cream cheese
1 8oz. sour cream
8oz package of Egg Noodles, cooked

In Crock Pot, combine Beef Tips, onion, soups and pepper. Cook 8 hours (I did 3 on High, 5 on Low, but I think 8 on low would be sufficient). Add Cream Cheese and Sour Cream. Stir to combine. Serve over noodles. (I just dumped the cooked noodles in after the sour cream and cream cheese).

No comments: